Global Stem Cells Group will launch two new versions of its “Diplomat in Cell Therapy and Tissue Engineering” post-graduate program. The program will be offered in Chile in 2016
MIAMI (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 29, 2015
Stem Cell Training, Inc., a division of the Global Stem Cells Group, has announced plans to launch two new editions of the post-graduate diploma program, “Diplomat in Cell Therapy and Tissue Engineering.” The first of its kind worldwide, the program is designed for physicians and qualified practitioners to bring stem cell therapies into the doctor’s office to treat patients.
The program focuses on advances in cell biology that emerged in the late 20th and early 21st centuries to give rise to stem cell therapies—a new form of medical treatment in which cells and tissues are used as healing elements, not only to supplement or replace deficient cells, but to induce regeneration and restoration of a lost biological order during the development of a disease or injury.
According to Global Stem Cells Group CEO Benito Novas, cell therapy is becoming the foundation of future medicine. For that reason, making stem cell sciences and treatment courses available to physicians and qualified medical practitioners is fundamental to the future of medicine. “Diplomat in Cell Therapy and Tissue Engineering” offers professionals invaluable lessons in the new art of healing, as well as the scientific and practical methodologies concerning this new discipline.
The aim of this postgraduate course is to train high-achieving, academic level professionals in cell therapy and tissue engineering to use in different areas of medicine and dentistry.
Course topics include:
- Somatic cell therapy and tissue engineering and associated bioethical issues.
- Cell Structure and functions, cell and tissue growth, cell differentiation and genetic and epigenetic regulation.
- Interaction of cells with other cells and extracellular matrix, humeral microenvironment.
- Development of cell interactions during embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, tissue repair and cancer.
- Immunology: Humeral and cellular immunity, innate and acquired immunity, interactions, effector function, immune tolerance, trophic and reconstructive function.
- Biology of embryo development, and normal and pathological tissue repair: overview of embryonic and fetal post-natal development, genetic and epigenetic factors that influence growth, embryonic fetal and postnatal development, maintenance and repair process of cells, tissue and organs, and genetic and epigenetic factors that interact and influence these processes.
- Identification of certain cellular therapies that repair or correct defects.
- Method of production, processing and application of biological drugs for Cell Therapy and Tissue Engineering.
- Sources of the cells used in cell therapy. Enforcement of cell techniques. Complex manipulation processes, GMP Standards. Cell processing laboratories. The Biosafety and quality of cellular products: Identity, Purity, Power, Security.
- Cell administration. Implant techniques. Evaluating the results of cell therapy.
- Layout of clinical trials.
Educational strategies will be taught in theory and in practical hands-on classes, during which students can raise questions and work on problem solving. Practical work will be first carried out on animals; laboratory practices will be taught, followed by demonstration of therapies on humans.
Students will take a written exam on the last day; A score of 7 or better out of 10 is required to pass. Evaluations will be complemented with the development of a thesis, to be graded as pass or fail and must be supported with an oral examination.
To learn more, visit the Stem Cells Training website, the Global Stem Cells Group website, email bnovas(at)regenestem(dot)com, or call 305-224-1858.
About the Global Stem Cells Group:
Global Stem Cells Group, Inc. is the parent company of six wholly owned operating companies dedicated entirely to stem cell research, training, products and solutions. Founded in 2012, the company combines dedicated researchers, physician and patient educators and solution providers with the shared goal of meeting the growing worldwide need for leading edge stem cell treatments and solutions. With a singular focus on this exciting new area of medical research, Global Stem Cells Group and its subsidiaries are uniquely positioned to become global leaders in cellular medicine.
Global Stem Cells Group’s corporate mission is to make the promise of stem cell medicine a reality for patients around the world. With each of GSCG’s six operating companies focused on a separate research-based mission, the result is a global network of state-of-the-art stem cell treatments.
About Stem Cell Training, Inc.:
Stem Cell Training, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary company offering coursework and training in 35 cities worldwide. Coursework offered focuses on minimally invasive techniques for harvesting stem cells from adipose tissue, bone marrow and platelet-rich plasma. By equipping physicians with these techniques, the goal is to enable them to return to their practices, better able to apply these techniques in patient treatments.
The company’s training courses are designed to make the best use of stem cell technology available to treat various diseases in a manner that is accessible to everyone. Stem Cell Training, Inc.’s mission is to introduce the promising world of cellular medicine to everyone who can benefit from its application, and to provide high quality, effective and efficient training that complies with the highest medical standards to physicians worldwide.